Giving Back to the Community You Love
Community service is a critical element of our beliefs and is embodied in our commitment to worship God by “living a life of loving service.” We firmly believe that the purpose of life is not to live for ourselves alone, but to live in love for each other as our Lord has done for us. We follow the biblical mandate to pay special attention to those who are on the margins of life—those who are poor or oppressed, those who are victims of injustice, those who are sick, those who are trapped in the prison of doubt.
Community Service Activities:
- Mission Team Food Drive (on the first Sunday of every month) – Canned food donations to the Westside Food Bank.
- Make-a-Wich (bimonthly) – sack lunch for the homeless
- Have a Heart for the Homeless (in February) – cookie drop off and Share the Love Sunday-backpacks filled with goodies for children living in foster care.
- Solemates (in October) – New shoes are donated and money is collected to help Head Start children, so they can attend school.
- Toys for La Casa (in December) – Holiday Toy Drive for children who live in the Pasadena area.
If you would like to get involved in one of our Community Service programs, please contact Dr. Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.